Parent or carer consultation/support
Children and young people sometimes feel very low, anxious, angry, lacking in confidence or have problems with studying or friendships. It can often be difficult to know what to do to help. Our experienced team of online practitioners have specialist expertise that can support you in understanding what might be happening for a child and young person experiencing distress, and to help you respond to this in a positive way. We can offer professional consultation and support sessions on a one-to-one basis with parents and carers, either online or by telephone.
What benefits can a parent/carer child consultation session provide?
The session will be an opportunity to discuss your concerns and anxieties about a child’s behaviour. It will provide a chance to gain a deeper insight into your child’s behaviour and gain some understanding about what the child is communicating to you by this. It will provide you with the confidence to put in place strategies to enable emotional and behavioural change at home.
Common issues we work
- Anxiety and worry (specific or general)
- Behavioural disturbances/issues
- Low mood
- Change (in family life/relationships)
- Emotional issues following bereavement
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality/gender identity
- Low confidence/self-esteem
- Eating disorders
- Adolescent/child behaviours (e.g. attention issues)
- Mental health difficulties
- Post trauma difficulties
- Risk-taking behaviours